1. Login to your control panel using your account username/password at https://yourdomain.com/cPanel
2. Click on “Password Protection” under Services
3. Browse to the folder in which you want to restrict access
4. Click on the name of the folder
5. It will present you with a form. It has two parts and you have to submit them both separately:
a) Allow access only to authorized users
[ ] Directory requires a password to access
Check the above box.
and Protected Resource Name: [ ] (enter a generic name of the protection such as “My Protected Folder”)
Submit and it will protect it. Now time for step ‘b’ for adding a username/password. Browse to the same form and
b) Add/modify authorized user and enter the username/password and save it.