The following is a list of commonly asked questions relating to Hivelocity, our company policies, and billing. If you have a specific question, use the table of contents below as needed to jump to the appropriate section. Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Call or chat with a sales agent and have all your questions answered today!
General Hivelocity FAQ
Do You Offer Virtual Private Servers (VPS)?
Yes, we do offer VPS. For more information on all our VPS options, visit our SpeedyKVM homepage.
Not sure if VPS is right for you? Check out our article, What is VPS Hosting?, for general information on virtual private servers, their advantages and disadvantages, and whether you and your company could benefit from making the switch.
Do You Offer Colocation?
Yes, we do provide colocation services. We offer everything from 1U to full racks, and even quarter, half, and full cabinets. With 13 colocation data centers around the world, you can choose the location that works best for you. Each colocation customer is provided with a key code, allowing access to their locked cabinet space as needed.
Unlike other colocation providers, Hivelocity maintains and operates its own data centers. We do not colocate within the data centers of any other provider. This means you’ll deal directly with our data centers and our personnel. Our facilities are staffed and available to customers 24/7/365. For more information on our colocation services and available data centers, check out our Colocation page. Get your quote today and see the Hivelocity difference for yourself!
Not sure if colocation is right for your business? Read our article, What is Colocation?, for general information on colocation and the benefits it can offer you.
Do You Offer Backups?
Yes! You can add our Daily Backup and Rapid Restore services to your hosting solution at any time. Starting at $29/month for up to 500GB of data, with available options ranging up to 8TB, you can eliminate the fear of data loss and remove the hassle of managing backups. With 5 unique recovery points from each of the 5 previous days, your data can be restored quickly and easily as needed. Call or chat with a sales agent today to see about adding Rapid Restore to your services and get your first month FREE.
In addition, we also offer Colo-Cloud Backup services starting at $39/month for 500GB of storage. For more information on available options, visit our Colo-Cloud Backup and Recovery page.
How Do I View My Bandwidth Usage Graphs?
Bandwidth graphs (MRTG) displaying real time usage of your server or servers are available to Hivelocity customers from within your MyVelocity control panel. To access your usage graphs, simply log in to MyVelocity, then click on the Services and Hardware button. Select the server you wish to view and then click on the Bandwidth and Usage tab.
For more information on services and features available to Hivelocity customers through our MyVelocity control panel, check out our MyVelocity page.
I Have Forgotten My Password for Logging in to MyVelocity
If you did not receive or have lost your MyVelocity login information, you can have it re-sent to your email. Go to the MyVelocity login page, and under the green Sign In button, select the option for Forgot Password. Enter your Hivelocity account email and click the Send Reset Password Email button to send a password reset request to your inbox.
How Can I Renew My Domain?
To renew a domain, you will need to open a support ticket and include the domain you’d like to renew as well as the number of years you’d like to renew it for.
If you are a current customer, payment will be applied to your account.
If you are no longer a customer, you will need to contact support via live chat. After receiving payment, your domain will be renewed.
Can I Resell Your Services? Can I Sell Your Servers on a Commission Basis?
Yes, we offer reseller discounts and referral commissions as part of our Partner Program. For more information, check out our Partner & Reseller Programs page. Questions on a specific detail? Reach out to one of our sales agents via phone or chat!
How Can I Transfer a Domain from One User to Another?
To transfer a domain, first go to the Reseller panel and select the option to Manage User Backups. Make a backup of the user who owns the domain you want to transfer.
Next, you’ll need to log in as that user. Go to the User panel -> Domain Administration -> and select the option to Change Domain Name. Change the name of the domain to something different (i.e. from domain.com to domain2.com). This is done so that you can restore the domain on the other account without the DA believing it already exists.
Now, go back into the Reseller panel and create the new user. Set the domain name to the actual name of the domain you are transferring. If the desired user already exists, then simply create the domain through that user’s User panel under the Domain Administration option.
Company Policies FAQ
What is the 99.9% Uptime Guarantee Policy?
Hivelocity guarantees the uptime of its network 99.99% of the time. In the event any customer experiences anything less than 99.99% uptime on our network, excluding scheduled maintenance, that customer is eligible to receive a credit upon request, as set forth herein. Hivelocity will provide a 5% credit to the affected server or shared account for each hour of downtime beyond one tenth of a percent per month.
For more details, check out our Network Service Level Agreement.
What is Hivelocity’s Refund Policy?
Hivelocity does NOT offer refunds for dedicated servers under any circumstance. Any credits for service are handled on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of Hivelocity’s management.
How Do I Contact the Abuse Department?
If you need to contact our abuse department or have a complaint, you can reach us at [email protected].
What Happens if I Spam, Host a Phishing Site, or Perform Any Other Hacking?
Misuse of our services will not be tolerated under any circumstances. ANY form of spamming activity (mail spam, Usenet spam, pop-up spam, selling or buying spamware, etc.) conducted ANYWHERE on the internet, whether through our facilities or not:
- Will be grounds for instant and permanent termination of all services without prior warning;
- Will be grounds for seizure of all on-premises equipment and data;
- Will be grounds for forfeit of all funds paid;
- Will result in a demand for a payment of a fine of $500 for each incident, which must be paid within 24 hours. Failure to make this payment will result in immediate referral to a collection agency.
When Will My Account be Suspended for Non-Payment?
If you fail to pay or your automatic payment method is declined, you will receive an email on your due date, as well as additional notices over the next several days, informing you that your account is past due. In addition to these email notifications, within your MyVelocity account, you will see a red badge indicator on the Billing tab letting you know that your account is past due.
Once your account is 7 days past due, it will be suspended and your server or servers will be taken offline until your balance is paid. Once your server is taken offline, your data will be deleted permanently.
My Account has been Suspended. What Can I do?
If your account has been suspended due to non-payment, you have 2 options:
- You can submit payment for your past due balance and then notify our billing department via email at [email protected], informing them that payment has been submitted.
- You may also choose to submit payment and then follow up by opening a ticket with support.
*Note: You must submit payment in order to get your server back online. If you do not contact billing and make payment for your server within 7 days, the server will be resold.
How Can I Cancel My Account?
Cancellations will only be accepted if done properly using the following method:
- To cancel an account, you must log in to your MyVelocity control panel, go to the device you wish to cancel, and click the Cancellation button. You will be presented with a cancellation form which must be filled out completely.
- All account cancellations must be received at least 5 days prior to the date of renewal. If an account is cancelled with less than 5 days notice, it won’t be cancelled until the end of the next term and will be charged automatically on the renewal date.
*Note: When a cancellation request is made, Hivelocity will immediately remove all configuration information as well as all contents of the account on the date of the next renewal. This may include any unread emails left on the server.
Billing Policies FAQ
What is Your Billing Policy?
- Payment via Credit Card: Hivelocity accepts credit card payments in the form of Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal. Usage of a credit card as payment indicates authorization to cover all future recurring charges and additional fees using the same credit card on file. Credit cards will be charged recurring payments on the renewal date of the account.
You can update your credit card information through the Billing tab in your MyVelocity portal.
- Payment via Other Methods: We also accept payments made by personal check, company check, wire transfer and money order, as well as a few other additional payment types. All funds must be payable in US dollars, and we reserve the right to refuse payment through international checks in foreign currencies.
*Note: Payment for services via checks must be received prior to your account’s renewal dates to avoid interruption of your services.
What Types of Payment are Accepted?
We accept Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), PayPal, checks, Wire Transfer, ACH, and Bitcoin.
- Credit Card: To submit payment via credit card, log in to your MyVelocity account and click on the Billing tab on the left side panel. Then, under Payment Methods, use the Add a Credit Card option to enter your credit card information and save it to your account.
- PayPal: You can submit PayPal payments to [email protected].
- Checks: Please address all checks to:
8010 Woodland Center Blvd, Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33614.
- Wire Transfer: If you would like to pay via wire transfer, you will need to contact our billing department directly. While this method is accepted, it is only used in rare instances. If you need to reach our billing department, you can do so via email at [email protected] or by phone at 813-471-0355 ext 3.
- ACH: If you would like to submit payments directly from your bank account, you can do so by entering your banking information in MyVelocity. After logging in to your account, navigate to the Billing tab and select the option for Payment Methods. Click the Link Bank Account button, enter your Account and Routing Numbers, and fill in the remaining information.
- Bitcoin: If you would like to pay via Bitcoin, you must speak to a sales agent when placing your order to receive instructions on how to complete the payment.
How Do I Change My Billing Information?
To change your billing information, log in to your MyVelocity account using your username and password. Then, under the Billing tab, select Payment Methods and choose the payment type you would like to add or update.
How Do I Change My Billing Period?
If you’d like to change your billing period, please contact your account manager or our billing department directly. Alternatively, you may also make a request to the billing department via support ticket to have your billing period changed.
How do I See My Billing Statements?
To see past billing statements, you will first need to log in to your MyVelocity account using your username and password. Then, select the Billing tab and the Invoices option. Under Download invoices by year, choose the year you’d like to see invoices for, confirm your email address, and click the Email Invoices button to have a download of your invoices sent to your inbox.
How is Bandwidth Overage Billed?
Bandwidth overage is billed differently depending on which of our services you are currently using.
- For Our Dedicated Server Customers: All of our standard server plans include a finite amount of monthly data transfer denoted by the amount of TB included. You will select an allotted amount of bandwidth for your server and you will be billed based on your monthly use. Hivelocity will calculate your bandwidth usage each month based on your total data transferred in a given billing period.
Should you exceed the allotted bandwidth for your server plan in the current billing period, you will be charged an additional fee per GB over the allotted server plan amount. This charge will be applied to your account for immediate payment. Depending on your selected configuration, this fee may be negotiable.
You may also choose to upgrade your server to a 1Gbps unmetered port. For more information on our unmetered options, check out our Unmetered Ports page. For more than a 1Gbps commitment, please reach out to your account manager via support ticket to discuss your options.
- For Our Colocation Customers: We offer two options for bandwidth usage for our colocation customers. Typically, colo customers are billed using the industry standard metric of the 95th percentile. To start, customers must select a commitment level from 10Mbps to 10Gbps. Then using the 95th percentile metric, billing overage is determined by averaging the total throughput after removing the top and bottom 5% of usage. Should this average exceed the user’s commitment level, anything over what was committed to is billed an additional fee per Mbps of overage. Depending on the commitment level selected, this overage price is negotiable, but generally averages between $1.50 to $2.00 per Mbps.
The second option available to our colocation customers works the same way as our overage billing for our dedicated servers. Customers may choose to select a finite amount of monthly bandwidth ranging from 5TB to 500+TB and, should they exceed this, they will be billed an additional fee per GB of excessive data usage.
What Happens if I Purchase Additional Products in the Middle of the Month?
Any additional resources purchased between billing cycles will be prorated accordingly. Charges will be calculated based on the number of days remaining from the date when the resource was purchased to the end of the billing cycle.
I Am Set Up for Automated Payments But the Payment Didn’t Go Through
If your account is set up for automated payments but your payment hasn’t been posted, this could be due to one of several reasons.
- It’s possible that the credit card on file is being declined for some reason. You will want to double check that the correct credit card is on file.
- It is also possible that the credit card on file has expired. If this is the case, you’ll need to update the information on your account with a new credit card.
- Lastly, it’s possible that your account was set to PayPal. If this is the case, you can either send PayPal to [email protected] or set up a PayPal subscription to pay your invoices on a scheduled basis.
I Have Entered My CC Information Correctly but My Payment is Being Declined
If you are encountering an error with submitting your CC information but are certain that your information is entered correctly and that the necessary funds are available, you will want to reach out to our billing department via email at [email protected] letting them know this information. You can try submitting the CVV code to them directly or ask that payment be split into 2 different payments if there are limits on your credit card.
I Already Cancelled My Account But I was Billed Again
If you followed the cancellation policy but your account was charged again, please email our billing department at [email protected] and inform them of the situation. They will make sure that your account has been cancelled properly and will refund the payment back to your card.