MySQL: Add a User to a Database
If you haven’t yet created a MySQL database in cPanel, follow the instructions in our cPanel Beginner’s Guide to learn how to do so. If you’ve already built a database or two, but you need to change or add a specific user, simply follow these steps:
- First, log in to cPanel using your username and password.
- Within cPanel, search for the Mysql Databases option and click on it.
- Scroll down, and you should see an option for Mysql Users.
- There, you should see a section labeled Add User To Database.
- From the User dropdown list, select the desired user.
- From the Database dropdown list, select the database you would like to add the user to.
- Once both selections have been made, click on the Add button.
- On the next screen, you should see an option to Add privileges.
- Click on the All Privileges check box and then click on Make changes to finalize.
And there you have it! Now you know the process for MySQL to add a user to a database using cPanel.
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.