MySQL: Add a User to a Database
If you haven’t yet created a MySQL database in cPanel, follow the instructions in our cPanel Beginner’s Guide to learn how to do so. If you’ve already built a database or two, but you need to change or add a specific user, simply follow these steps:
- First, log in to cPanel using your username and password.
- Within cPanel, search for the Mysql Databases option and click on it.
- Scroll down, and you should see an option for Mysql Users.
- There, you should see a section labeled Add User To Database.
- From the User dropdown list, select the desired user.
- From the Database dropdown list, select the database you would like to add the user to.
- Once both selections have been made, click on the Add button.
- On the next screen, you should see an option to Add privileges.
- Click on the All Privileges check box and then click on Make changes to finalize.
And there you have it! Now you know the process for MySQL to add a user to a database using cPanel.
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.