Let’s Encrypt is a free SSL/TLS service provided by the Internet Security Research Group in an effort to create a more secure internet. If you’re a Plesk user, Let’s Encrypt can be added using a Plesk extension. In this guide, we’ll cover the process necessary to enable Let’s Encrypt on your Plesk Onyx control panel.
Enabling Let’s Encrypt in Plesk Onyx
To activate Let’s Encrypt using the Plesk extension, just follow these 8 steps:
- First, log in to your Plesk Onyx control panel as an admin user.
- Once you’ve logged in, on the left side panel, under Server management, click on the option labelled Tools & Settings.
- On the Tools and Settings page, under the Plesk list, click the option for Updates and Upgrades.
- Once clicked, a window will open showing options to Install and Update Plesk. On this page, click the Add/Remove Components option.
- On the Add/Remove Components screen, click on the “+” sign next to Plesk Extensions and select Let’s Encrypt.
- Click Continue and wait for the installation to finish.
- After successfully installing, you will see a related message on the Plesk screen, confirming installation of Let’s Encrypt.
- Click OK to finalize your changes.
And there you have it!
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.