If you need to register a new Windows server to store backups of your existing Hivelocity server, you can do so using Acronis. In this guide, we’ll show you what steps to take to get your backup server up and running in minutes.
Registering a New Windows Machine
To register your new backup server, just follow these 10 easy steps:
- Using the device you are registering, log into: https://us-cloud.acronis.com/login with your username and password.
- Select All Devices and click Add at the top of the page.
- Select Windows under either Servers or Workstations as appropriate for your device. This will prompt you to download the client installer.
- Run the installer. When this is complete you will be prompted to register the device. Click Confirm Registration to be directed to the backup portal.
- Select Register again from within the backup portal.
- On your newly registered device, click the option to Enable Backup.
- Choose what you’d like to backup and set the retention and encryption as needed.
- If applicable, application specific options for an MSSQL, Exchange, or Active directory server are available as well.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate options for your server, click the Create button.
- To run a backup on your new server immediately, click the Run Now button.
And there you have it! Your backup server is up and running and you can rest easy knowing your data is safely stored away.
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.