If you need to register a new Windows server to store backups of your existing Hivelocity server, you can do so using Acronis. In this guide, we’ll show you what steps to take to get your backup server up and running in minutes.
Registering a New Windows Machine
To register your new backup server, just follow these 10 easy steps:
- Using the device you are registering, log into: https://us-cloud.acronis.com/login with your username and password.
- Select All Devices and click Add at the top of the page.
- Select Windows under either Servers or Workstations as appropriate for your device. This will prompt you to download the client installer.
- Run the installer. When this is complete you will be prompted to register the device. Click Confirm Registration to be directed to the backup portal.
- Select Register again from within the backup portal.
- On your newly registered device, click the option to Enable Backup.
- Choose what you’d like to backup and set the retention and encryption as needed.
- If applicable, application specific options for an MSSQL, Exchange, or Active directory server are available as well.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate options for your server, click the Create button.
- To run a backup on your new server immediately, click the Run Now button.
And there you have it! Your backup server is up and running and you can rest easy knowing your data is safely stored away.
- How to Backup and Restore cPanel Accounts via SSH
- How to Backup a Copy of Apache
- How to Backup the IIS Configuration
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.