Creating a cPanel Backup via SSH
To create a backup of your individual cPanel account using SSH, just follow these steps:
- First, log in to SSH as the Root user.
- Next, enter the following command string on the command line interface:
- A backup of your account will be created and stored in the directory you are currently in.
Restoring a cPanel Backup via SSH
To restore a previously created backup of your cPanel account, just follow these steps:
- First, if you haven’t already, log in to SSH as the Root user.
- Navigate to the directory containing your backup file. *Note: In order to restore your data, you must be in the correct directory.
- Next, to restore your cPanel backup, enter the following command into the command line:
And there you have it!
Looking for more information on cPanel? Search our Knowledge Base!
Interested in more articles about Control Panels? Navigate to our Categories page using the bar on the left or check out these popular articles:
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Popular tags within this category include: cPanel, WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and more.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
Seeking a better Dedicated Server solution? In the market for Private Cloud or Colocation services? Check out Hivelocity’s extensive list of products for great deals and offers.
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.
Unsure which of our services is best for your particular needs? Call or live chat with one of our sales agents today and see the difference Hivelocity can make for you.