Creating a cPanel Backup via SSH
To create a backup of your individual cPanel account using SSH, just follow these steps:
- First, log in to SSH as the Root user.
- Next, enter the following command string on the command line interface:
- A backup of your account will be created and stored in the directory you are currently in.
Restoring a cPanel Backup via SSH
To restore a previously created backup of your cPanel account, just follow these steps:
- First, if you haven’t already, log in to SSH as the Root user.
- Navigate to the directory containing your backup file. *Note: In order to restore your data, you must be in the correct directory.
- Next, to restore your cPanel backup, enter the following command into the command line:
And there you have it!
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.