Creating a cPanel Backup via SSH
To create a backup of your individual cPanel account using SSH, just follow these steps:
- First, log in to SSH as the Root user.
- Next, enter the following command string on the command line interface:
- A backup of your account will be created and stored in the directory you are currently in.
Restoring a cPanel Backup via SSH
To restore a previously created backup of your cPanel account, just follow these steps:
- First, if you haven’t already, log in to SSH as the Root user.
- Navigate to the directory containing your backup file. *Note: In order to restore your data, you must be in the correct directory.
- Next, to restore your cPanel backup, enter the following command into the command line:
And there you have it!
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.