In certain circumstances, your server’s user data files may become corrupt, creating issues while migrating or operating your cPanel account. Luckily, these user data files can be repaired using a valid and working httpd.conf file on the server.
Repairing Corrupted User Data Files
To rebuild a corrupted user data file within cPanel, follow these steps:
- First, log in to your WHM/cPanel server as the root user using your username and password.
- Next, you’ll need to locate the user data files, which can be found at /var/cpanel. Make sure the userdata directory is present on the server.
- If the directory does exist, move it or rename it with the mv command. It should look something like this:
mv /var/cpanel/userdata /var/cpanel/userdata_backup
- Now, create a new userdata directory with the command mkdir:
- Now that we have a new userdata directory created, in order to rebuild the userdata files for all the accounts hosted on your cPanel server, run the script userdata_update with the –reset flag. This will rebuild the userdata files for all accounts hosted on your cPanel server.
- Next, you’ll need to fix the permissions for the newly generated user data files which can be done by running the command:
- Since you’ve generated a new userdata file, you will need to update the system’s cache. This can be done using the command:
- Now, rebuild the apache configuration in order to use the newly rebuilt userdata files with the command:
- Lastly, restart the apache service with the command:
And there you have it!
Looking for more information on cPanel? Search our Knowledge Base!
Interested in more articles about Control Panels? Navigate to our Categories page using the bar on the left or check out these popular articles:
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Popular tags within this category include: cPanel, WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and more.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
Seeking a better Dedicated Server solution? In the market for Private Cloud or Colocation services? Check out Hivelocity’s extensive list of products for great deals and offers.
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.
Unsure which of our services is best for your particular needs? Call or live chat with one of our sales agents today and see the difference Hivelocity can make for you.