In certain circumstances, your server’s user data files may become corrupt, creating issues while migrating or operating your cPanel account. Luckily, these user data files can be repaired using a valid and working httpd.conf file on the server.
Repairing Corrupted User Data Files
To rebuild a corrupted user data file within cPanel, follow these steps:
- First, log in to your WHM/cPanel server as the root user using your username and password.
- Next, you’ll need to locate the user data files, which can be found at /var/cpanel. Make sure the userdata directory is present on the server.
- If the directory does exist, move it or rename it with the mv command. It should look something like this:
mv /var/cpanel/userdata /var/cpanel/userdata_backup
- Now, create a new userdata directory with the command mkdir:
- Now that we have a new userdata directory created, in order to rebuild the userdata files for all the accounts hosted on your cPanel server, run the script userdata_update with the –reset flag. This will rebuild the userdata files for all accounts hosted on your cPanel server.
- Next, you’ll need to fix the permissions for the newly generated user data files which can be done by running the command:
- Since you’ve generated a new userdata file, you will need to update the system’s cache. This can be done using the command:
- Now, rebuild the apache configuration in order to use the newly rebuilt userdata files with the command:
- Lastly, restart the apache service with the command:
And there you have it!
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.