Enabling the Windows Server 2003 Firewall in 6 Easy Steps
To turn on the ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) feature in Windows Server 2003, follow these steps:
- First, navigate to your Network Connections by clicking on the Start menu -> Settings -> Control Panel, and then double-clicking on Network Connections.
- Right-click the connection that you want to enable the Firewall for and then click Properties on the shortcut menu that appears.
- Click on the Advanced tab, and then click to select the “Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet” check box.
- Click on Settings. In the Services list, click to select the check boxes of services on the computer which you want to permit external access (if that is what you want).
*Note: By default, no services are selected. This is known as a default deny stance. You must explicitly permit external access to the computer. For the most secure environment, do not select any of the check boxes.
- Click OK twice.
- When you’re finished, close the Network Connections window.
And there you have it!
- How to Clear the YUM Cache
- How to Install Maldet and Run a Scan
- Reset the MySQL Root Password on Windows Server
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.