While Plesk offers users multiple languages to script in, if you’re a Plesk user who prefers the Ruby programming language, you might find Plesk’s out-of-the-box offerings less than desirable. Luckily, through the use of an extension, Plesk Onyx can support Ruby as well. With the Ruby extension, you’ll be deploying Ruby apps on your domain in no time.
In this guide we’ll cover the process for installing the Ruby extension into your Plesk Onyx control panel.
Installing the Ruby Extension
To make your Plesk Onyx Ruby compatible, just follow these 8 simple steps:
- First, log in to your Plesk Onyx control panel as your admin user.
- Once logged in, on the left side panel, under Server Management, click on the option labelled Tools & Settings.
- On the Tools and Settings page under the Plesk list click the option for Updates and Upgrades.
- Once clicked, a window will open showing options to Install and Update Plesk. On this page, click the Add/Remove Components option.
- On the Add/Remove Components screen, click on the “+” sign next to Web hosting and select the option for Ruby Support from the list that opens. When activated, the red “X” should be replaced with a green “✓”.
- Click Continue at the bottom of the screen and wait for the installation to finish.
- After successfully installing the extension, you will see a related message on your Plesk screen showing that the Ruby extension is now active.
- Click on OK to finalize your changes.
And there you have it!
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.