While Plesk offers users multiple languages to script in, if you’re a Plesk user who prefers the Ruby programming language, you might find Plesk’s out-of-the-box offerings less than desirable. Luckily, through the use of an extension, Plesk Onyx can support Ruby as well. With the Ruby extension, you’ll be deploying Ruby apps on your domain in no time.
In this guide we’ll cover the process for installing the Ruby extension into your Plesk Onyx control panel.
Installing the Ruby Extension
To make your Plesk Onyx Ruby compatible, just follow these 8 simple steps:
- First, log in to your Plesk Onyx control panel as your admin user.
- Once logged in, on the left side panel, under Server Management, click on the option labelled Tools & Settings.
- On the Tools and Settings page under the Plesk list click the option for Updates and Upgrades.
- Once clicked, a window will open showing options to Install and Update Plesk. On this page, click the Add/Remove Components option.
- On the Add/Remove Components screen, click on the “+” sign next to Web hosting and select the option for Ruby Support from the list that opens. When activated, the red “X” should be replaced with a green “✓”.
- Click Continue at the bottom of the screen and wait for the installation to finish.
- After successfully installing the extension, you will see a related message on your Plesk screen showing that the Ruby extension is now active.
- Click on OK to finalize your changes.
And there you have it!
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.