Among its various features, Plesk Onyx offers support for the Node.js runtime environment. If you are unfamiliar with Node.js, it is an open-source, cross-platform, event-driven environment primarily used for developing server-side Web applications.
In this guide, we’ll cover the process necessary to enable Node.js support on your Plesk Onyx account.
Activating Node.js Support in Plesk Onyx
To update your Plesk control panel to support Node.js, just follow these 8 easy steps:
- First, log in to your Plesk Onyx control panel as an admin user.
- Once you’ve logged in, on the left side panel, under Server management, click on the option labelled Tools & Settings.
- On the Tools and Settings page, under the Plesk list, click the option for Updates and Upgrades.
- Once clicked, a window will open showing options to Install and Update Plesk. On this page, click the Add/Remove Components option.
- On the Add/Remove Components screen, click on the “+” sign next to Web hosting and select Node.js Support.
*NOTE: Phusion Passenger server is a dependent component and must be installed as well to enable Node.js support. The option to enable Phusion Passenger server can be found on the Add/Remove Components screen as well.
- Click Continue and wait for the installation to finish.
- After successfully installing, you will see a related message on the Plesk screen, confirming installation of Node.js support.
- Click OK to finalize your changes.
And there you have it! Your Plesk Onyx control panel now supports Node.js.
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.