One of the new features of Plesk Onyx is the ability for users to manage their docker containers entirely within their Plesk control panel. In this guide we’ll cover the steps necessary to activate Docker support in your Plesk Onyx environment.
*Note: Docker support functionality is not available in Plesk installations running on Windows Server 2008.
Activating Docker Support in Plesk Onyx
To turn on Docker support, just follow these 8 easy steps:
- First, log in to your Plesk Onyx control panel as an admin user.
- Once you’ve logged in, on the left side panel, under Server management, click on the option labelled Tools & Settings.
- On the Tools and Settings page, under the Plesk list, click the option for Updates and Upgrades.
- Once clicked, a window will open showing options to Install and Update Plesk. On this page, click the Add/Remove Components option.
- On the Add/Remove components screen, search for Docker. Click the arrow near Docker and select the option to Install.
- Click Continue and wait for the installation to finish.
- After successfully installing, you will see a related message on the Plesk screen, confirming installation of the Docker extension.
- Click OK to finalize your changes.
And there you have it! Your Plesk Onyx control panel now supports Docker.
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.