Thanks to cPanel’s intuitive user interface, necessary tasks for your website or server can be completed with just a few clicks. Using cPanel’s built in File Manager, you can add new folders with ease. So, if you’re a cPanel user asking yourself “how do I create a directory?”, just follow these 6 easy steps:
- First, log in to cPanel using your username and password.
- Use the search bar or locate the Files section, and click on the File Manager icon.
- On your left hand side panel, use the file tree to navigate to the location where you’d like to create the new folder. The file path will fill in automatically.
- Now, click on the New Folder option on the top of toolbar.
- Enter the name of the new folder in the available field in the top-left corner of the window.
- Once you’ve finished naming your folder, click on the Create New Folder button.
Once completed, you should see the new folder listed in your file manager. Now, just by remembering these 6 simple steps, you should know how to create a directory whenever needed using cPanel’s file manager.
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.