Thanks to cPanel’s intuitive user interface, necessary tasks for your website or server can be completed with just a few clicks. Using cPanel’s built in File Manager, you can add new folders with ease. So, if you’re a cPanel user asking yourself “how do I create a directory?”, just follow these 6 easy steps:
- First, log in to cPanel using your username and password.
- Use the search bar or locate the Files section, and click on the File Manager icon.
- On your left hand side panel, use the file tree to navigate to the location where you’d like to create the new folder. The file path will fill in automatically.
- Now, click on the New Folder option on the top of toolbar.
- Enter the name of the new folder in the available field in the top-left corner of the window.
- Once you’ve finished naming your folder, click on the Create New Folder button.
Once completed, you should see the new folder listed in your file manager. Now, just by remembering these 6 simple steps, you should know how to create a directory whenever needed using cPanel’s file manager.
- How to Fix Invalid cPanel License Error When the IP is In Fact Licensed
- How to Increase PHP Upload Limit on a cPanel Server
- How to Add a Subdomain in Plesk 12
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.