LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Web Server is the leading high-performance, high-scalability web server from LiteSpeed technologies. It can be used to replace an existing Apache server without changing any other programs or operating system details. Best of all, it can be integrated without breaking anything. As such, LiteSpeed Web Server can quickly replace a major bottleneck in your existing web hosting platform.
With its comprehensive range of features and easy-to-use web administration console, LiteSpeed Web Server can help you conquer the challenges of deploying an effective web hosting infrastructure.
LiteSpeed Web Server Editions
LiteSpeed web server is available in three editions. These editions are listed below:
- OpenLiteSpeed Edition – This edition is generally used for large, high-traffic websites. However, this edition is not compatible with any hosting control panel. It’s an open source edition and free for personal and commercial uses.
- Standard Edition – This edition is generally used for small, low-traffic websites and is also compatible with hosting control panels such as WHM/cPanel & DirectAdmin. This edition is also free and can be used for personal or commercial purposes.
- Enterprise Edition – This edition is widely used for large, high-traffic websites and is compatible with multiple hosting control panels. The enterprise edition is widely used by leading web hosting organizations to provide an excellent web hosting experience for their valuable clients. Enterprise edition has the highest level of stability and is supported by cPanel. It also integrates with DirectAdmin control panel.
LiteSpeed Web Server Features
LiteSpeed Web Server has superior performance in terms of both raw speed and scalability. LiteSpeed is faster than Apache while serving PHP contents. It’s an ideal hosting platform for serving WordPress, Joomla and Drupal based websites as it easily increases PHP’s performance and security.
LiteSpeed Web Server is compatible with the commonly used Apache web server and its features such as mod_rewrite, .htaccess, and mod_security. LiteSpeed Web Server can even load the Apache configuration files, allowing it to work as a direct replacement for Apache. It is also compatible with the leading hosting control panels, such as cPanel, Plesk, and DirectAdmin.
Performance & Scalability
LiteSpeed Web Server increases the performance & scalability of web hosting platforms through its unique event driven architecture. It has the capability of serving thousands of clients simultaneously with minimum usage of server resources such as memory and CPU. The uniquely developed & optimized code of LiteSpeed Web Server increases PHP performance as well as serving static websites faster than Apache. It has the capability of handling sudden spikes in traffic as well as helping to manage against DDOS attacks without any DDOS mitigation hardware.
LitSpeed Web Server is compatible with Apache’s mod_security feature and has built-in anti-DDoS capability. With customizable features such as per-IP connections and bandwidth throttling, IPs that make too many connections or requests or ask for too much bandwidth are blocked, stopping attackers before they overrun your server.
Switching to LiteSpeed from Apache is an easy task and very cost effective in terms of support costs. LiteSpeed’s licensing costs are quite low compared to any hardware upgrades required to optimize a server running Apache. Additionally, LiteSpeed’s unique features help reduce support costs by providing an optimized, secure, and stable hosting platform. This in turn gives support technicians and administrators peace of mind instead of dealing with an overloaded server.
With its mix of available features and the ease with which it can be implemented into your existing framework, LiteSpeed Web Server is an ideal solution for hosting providers seeking an alternative to Apache. By providing a low-cost, high-stability web hosting solution, LiteSpeed may be the perfect fix for your hosting needs.
- How to Check the Apache Version on a Linux Dedicated cPanel Server
- How to Change a Password in Linux
- How to Check if Your Linux Server is Under DDoS Attack
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.