What is Task Scheduler?
Task Scheduler is a service that is enabled automatically when you first install your Windows Server 2003 family operating system. With Task Scheduler, users are able to schedule any script, program, or document to run automatically at a specified time.
So, how do you schedule a task with Task Scheduler?
Using Task Scheduler
By following these three easy steps, you’ll be scheduling tasks like an expert in no time.
- Navigate to the Scheduled Task service by clicking Start -> Settings -> Control Panel, and then double-clicking Add Scheduled Tasks
- After double-clicking the Add Scheduled Task option, a new window should open showing the Scheduled Task Wizard. Click Next
- A list of programs available on your computer will be displayed. If the program you want to schedule for is already in this list, select it, and then click Next. If the program you want to run is not on the list, click Browse to locate the program within your file folders. After locating and selecting the program, just click Open
Once your desired program is selected, just follow the on-screen instructions displayed in the Task Scheduler Wizard.
- How to Check the Apache Version on a Linux Dedicated cPanel Server
- How to Change a Password in Linux
- How to Check if Your Linux Server is Under DDoS Attack
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.