SQL Server Management Studio 2017 Windows 2019 Download
This guide will assist you through the download and installation process of SQL Server Management Studio 2017 on Windows Server 2019. SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an invaluable tool for managing a Microsoft SQL server. It can be installed on your own computer and connected to the SQL Server or installed directly on the server itself.
As of this writing SQL Server Management Studio 2017 and Windows Server 2019 are the newest versions but the install instructions for all modern versions are very similar to these.
- First, log in to your Windows Server with the Administrator account.
- Open your browser and navigate to the SSMS download page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms?view=sql-server-2017)
- Download the version of SQL Server Management Studio you would like to use. As of this writing, that version is 18.0 (RC1).
- Once the download completes double click on the installer in your downloads folder.
- The installer will appear. Click install and wait for the installer to complete. This may take several minutes.
- Once you see the following Setup Complete message click the Close button.
- Click the Start button and look for a program called Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18 and click on it.
- Success! SSMS will launch and you can begin using it.
And there you have it! Thank you for reading our guide, and f you run into any issues installing SSMS 2017 please do not hesitate to open a support ticket. Our Support team will be more than happy to assist you.
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.