What is Nginx?
Nginx is a free, open-source, high performance web server. It cache’s static content such as images and html files and retrieves them without having to access Apache, thus improving speed, memory usage, and processor overhead.
Installing Nginx on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
To install Nginx on your Ubuntu server, just follow these steps:
- First, log in to your Ubuntu server as the root user using your favorite SSH client.
- Next, you’ll want to update your operating system with all the latest packages. To do this, use the command:
sudo apt-get update
- To install Nginx, use the command:
apt-get install nginx
- To enable Nginx to start when your server boots up, use the command:
update-rc.d nginx defaults
- Lastly, restart the Nginx service with the command:
service nginx restart
And there you have it!