What is Nginx?
Nginx is a free, open-source, high performance web server. It cache’s static content such as images and html files and retrieves them without having to access Apache, thus improving speed, memory usage, and processor overhead.
Installing Nginx on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
To install Nginx on your Ubuntu server, just follow these steps:
- First, log in to your Ubuntu server as the root user using your favorite SSH client.
- Next, you’ll want to update your operating system with all the latest packages. To do this, use the command:
sudo apt-get update
- To install Nginx, use the command:
apt-get install nginx
- To enable Nginx to start when your server boots up, use the command:
update-rc.d nginx defaults
- Lastly, restart the Nginx service with the command:
service nginx restart
And there you have it!
Looking for more information on Ubuntu? Search our Knowledge Base!
Interested in more articles about Operating Systems? Navigate to our Categories page using the bar on the left or check out these popular articles:
- How to Check the Apache Version on a Linux Dedicated cPanel Server
- How to Change a Password in Linux
- How to Check if Your Linux Server is Under DDoS Attack
Popular tags within this category include: Linux, Windows, Apache, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, RedHat, and more.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
Seeking a better Dedicated Server solution? In the market for Private Cloud or Colocation services? Check out Hivelocity’s extensive list of products for great deals and offers.
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.
Unsure which of our services is best for your particular needs? Call or live chat with one of our sales agents today and see the difference Hivelocity can make for you.