To install phpMyAdmin on your Ubuntu 14.04 server, just follow these 10 easy steps!
- First, log in to your Ubuntu server with root user using your favorite SSH client
- Next, you’ll want to update your operating system with all the latest packages. To do this, use the command:
sudo apt-get update
- Then, you’ll need to start the phpMyAdmin installation using the command:
apt-get -y install phpmyadmin
- On the package configuration screen, select the web server, that should be automatically configured, then press tab to select “OK” and hit Enter. Wait for the configurations to finish.
- The next screen asks if you want to configure the database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common. Select “Yes” and hit Enter.
- On the next screen, enter the MySQL root password and hit Enter.
- The final screen asks you to provide a password specifically for phpMyAdmin. This password will be used to log in. After selecting a password, hit Enter to continue.
- Once phpMyAdmin’s finished installing, you’ll need to configure the apache.conf file by adding a line to the bottom using your favorite editor. You can do so with nano using the following command:
The lines you will need to add are:
# phpMyAdmin Configuration
- To make sure you’re changes have taken effect, restart the apache service with the command:
service apache2 restart
- You can now log in to phpMyAdmin using the password you created by visiting the URL: https://yourserverip/phpmyadmin.
And now you’ve successfully installed phpMyAdmin onto your Ubuntu 14.04 server!
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.