Executing a SQL Script in 6 Easy Steps
Need to know how to execute a SQL script in MSSQL? Just follow these 6 simple steps:
- To execute a .sql file, you’ll first need to open the “Query Analyzer” tool. To do this, navigate to the Start menu -> Programs -> MS SQL Server -> Query Analyzer
- Next, you’ll need to connect to the database that you’re running the script on. You can do this by going to File -> Connect
- Enter your server name, check the option for SQL Server Authentication, then enter your login name and password.
- After clicking OK, you’re database will be connected
- Once you’re connected, open the SQL script file using File -> Open
- Once the file is open, you can execute your script by pressing F5.
And there you have it!