Executing a SQL Script in 6 Easy Steps
Need to know how to execute a SQL script in MSSQL? Just follow these 6 simple steps:
- To execute a .sql file, you’ll first need to open the “Query Analyzer” tool. To do this, navigate to the Start menu -> Programs -> MS SQL Server -> Query Analyzer
- Next, you’ll need to connect to the database that you’re running the script on. You can do this by going to File -> Connect
- Enter your server name, check the option for SQL Server Authentication, then enter your login name and password.
- After clicking OK, you’re database will be connected
- Once you’re connected, open the SQL script file using File -> Open
- Once the file is open, you can execute your script by pressing F5.
And there you have it!
- View the Contents of a Table in a SQL Server Database Using Enterprise Manager
- Create a MySQL Backup from Command Line – MySQL Import SQL File
- How to Install SQL Server 2012 Express on Windows Server 2012
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.