Executing a SQL Script in 6 Easy Steps
Need to know how to execute a SQL script in MSSQL? Just follow these 6 simple steps:
- To execute a .sql file, you’ll first need to open the “Query Analyzer” tool. To do this, navigate to the Start menu -> Programs -> MS SQL Server -> Query Analyzer
- Next, you’ll need to connect to the database that you’re running the script on. You can do this by going to File -> Connect
- Enter your server name, check the option for SQL Server Authentication, then enter your login name and password.
- After clicking OK, you’re database will be connected
- Once you’re connected, open the SQL script file using File -> Open
- Once the file is open, you can execute your script by pressing F5.
And there you have it!
Looking for more information on MSSQL? Search our Knowledge Base!
Interested in more articles about Databases? Navigate to our Categories page using the bar on the left or check out these popular articles:
- View the Contents of a Table in a SQL Server Database Using Enterprise Manager
- Create a MySQL Backup from Command Line – MySQL Import SQL File
- How to Install SQL Server 2012 Express on Windows Server 2012
Popular tags within this category include: MySQL, MSSQL, phpMyAdmin, PostgreSQL, and more.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
Seeking a better Dedicated Server solution? In the market for Private Cloud or Colocation services? Check out Hivelocity’s extensive list of products for great deals and offers.
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.
Unsure which of our services is best for your particular needs? Call or live chat with one of our sales agents today and see the difference Hivelocity can make for you.