Executing a SQL Script in 6 Easy Steps
Need to know how to execute a SQL script in MSSQL? Just follow these 6 simple steps:
- To execute a .sql file, you’ll first need to open the “Query Analyzer” tool. To do this, navigate to the Start menu -> Programs -> MS SQL Server -> Query Analyzer
- Next, you’ll need to connect to the database that you’re running the script on. You can do this by going to File -> Connect
- Enter your server name, check the option for SQL Server Authentication, then enter your login name and password.
- After clicking OK, you’re database will be connected
- Once you’re connected, open the SQL script file using File -> Open
- Once the file is open, you can execute your script by pressing F5.
And there you have it!
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.