Setting Up DNS Server
To install and setup DNS server on your Windows Server 2012, just follow these 11 easy steps! To begin:
- Log in to your Windows server with the administrator user.
- Open Server Manager
- Click the Manage menu and then select Add Roles and Features. On the next screen click on Next.
- For DNS servers, select the Role-based or feature-based installation. Click on Next.
- Choose the option to Select a server from the server pool and click on the name of your local server where the DNS server will be installed.
- On the Server Roles screen, click on DNS Server from the list of available roles. This will open an additional window showing required features.
- Click on Add Features. Once done you will see DNS Server is now selected on the Server Roles screen. Now click on Next.
- The next window will ask if you’d like to add additional features. Since you’ve already added the features for DNS server, you can leave these as is.
- The next screen will show information about DNS servers and what it does. You can read over the information or simply click Next.
- On the Confirm installation selections screen, you’re given a final chance to look over the features you’ve selected before installing. You can select the option to Restart the destination server automatically if required or simply restart the server manually at a later time. It is however recommended that you restart the server immediately after installing DNS.
When you’re ready, click on Install to begin installing the DNS server.
- The Installation progress screen shows the progress of your DNS installation. Once the installation is complete, you can Close the window.
And there you have it! Your DNS server has been successfully installed. Now that you’ve setup DNS server, you’re ready to start surfing the internet.
Looking for more information on DNS? Search our Knowledge Base!
Interested in more articles about Web Hosting? Navigate to our Categories page using the bar on the left or check out these popular articles:
- DNS Configuration: Everything You Need to Know
- What is Cron Job?
- How to Resolve Error 421 Service Not Available and Other Issues with FTP Service
Popular tags within this category include: DNS, FTP, IIS, MX Records, and more.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
Seeking a better Dedicated Server solution? In the market for Private Cloud or Colocation services? Check out Hivelocity’s extensive list of products for great deals and offers.
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.
Unsure which of our services is best for your particular needs? Call or live chat with one of our sales agents today and see the difference Hivelocity can make for you.