- Feedonomics combines best-in-class technology and service to list products everywhere people shop online, including Google Shopping, Amazon, Facebook and Instagram.
- Our HQ is in Los Angeles but we have offices around the world in Denver, Texas, North Carolina, Australia and Manilla. Our full-service team of over 150 helps many of the world’s most prolific advertising agencies and brands, including over 30% of the top 1,000 internet retailers.
- We are one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in America, and my brother and Cofounder, Robert, recently got awarded Forbes 30 under 30.
How did you start Feedonomics
- Our story started when my brother Robert and I were working at a large agency in Los Angeles, managing advertising campaigns and product data for over 50 large retailers, including some very large publicly traded companies, whose stock price relied on our work! We tested and tried every legacy product feed platform out there in the marketplace. We became increasingly frustrated when we experienced firsthand the shortcomings of those platforms. Some of them were incredibly slow and couldn’t handle any kind of meaningful scale, and others had terrible support. You would ask a question and they wouldn’t answer it for a week. Meanwhile, your performance is suffering and you could be out tens of thousands of dollars in revenue.
- Armed with this knowledge and the fact that my brother and I are software engineers, we set out with the vision of creating the leading feed platform in the industry.
- We quickly realized that other agencies, brands and retailers have the exact same problems that we had, and Feedonomics was born. We lived the challenges and solved our own problem, so our pitch was very compelling.
- It was a challenge in the beginning. We aren’t backed by any kind of venture capital. The money we put into this business came from our own pockets and we continue to reinvest in ourselves. Every major decision we made was carefully weighed. Our persistence paid off and we have made great strides since our early days.
Challenge with cloud hosting
Since starting just over 5 years ago, our growth has doubled every year both in terms of revenue and the massive amounts of data we process. We needed a cloud hosting service and solution provider that could scale with our rapid growth.
- Feedonomics processes over 6 billion product rows per day, with over 2 million data transformational rules.
- Because we deal with such massive amounts of data across hundreds of servers, bandwidth egress charges can be unfathomably expensive. Hivelocity was able to save us tens of thousands of dollars every month when compared to what costs would have been on Azure or AWS.
- Even more than cost, the thing that drew us most to Hivelocity was their Support Team’s reputation for super fast and super knowledgable assistance. They have absolutely lived up to their reputation and have been there any time we have needed them.
- For us downtime means that we are not able to reflect inventory and price changes from online retailers to their advertising channels and marketplaces, which can result in massive revenue loss and wasted advertising spend. For example, a client might run into oversold issues on Amazon if we can’t update their inventory quickly enough. We have experienced close to 100% uptime every year we have done business with Hivelocity enabling our customers to maintain steady margins.
- During Hurricane Harvey in 2017, when we had many of our servers in a potential affected area in Florida, we worked very closely with the Hivelocity team to build redundancy in other data center locations. As it turns out, Hivelocity’s Florida data centers never missed a beat but their ability to quickly deploy geo-redundant solutions for us made the whole experience calm and comforting.
- We get incredible support from Hivelocity, usually within minutes!
- From Technical
- Jake Bryant
- Donald Bennett
- Lance Tuller
- Dan Protich
- Kevin Comerford
- Steve Clayton
- Ryan Arp
- (I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few!!!)
- To account management
- Lee Linton
- Sasha Yetter
- Steve Eschweiler
- From Technical
- Something intangible about Hivelocity that has been a big deal for us is their personal touch. These guys have thousands of customers and are big enough to provide us with millions of dollars in infrastructure, yet they always make us feel like we are their most important customer and our needs are their number one priority. Right down to sending us a picture of our actual server the day we signed up of our first system with them. Their customer service is really just the best.