With MyVelocity, you can set up automatic monitoring and notifications to receive email or text alerts about the status of your servers. Read on to learn how to set up monitoring of your services within MyV by following these 5 easy steps.
Setting Up Monitoring in MyV
- To activate monitoring for your serves, you first need to log in to your MyVelocity account using your username and password.
- On the left-hand navigation menu, select Devices
- Select the specific device you would like to set up monitoring on from the list of available devices.
- On the Device Details screen, select the option labeled Monitoring.
*Note: from here you have access to set the details for monitoring the various aspects of your server, including:
- TCP – select use a monitor script
- ICMP – select to use ping or ICMP echo test
- DNS – select to use a DNS query/resolution test
- SSL – select to use test connections using SSL/TLS
- IP Address
- Monitor Types:
- When you’ve finished setting up what you would like monitoring on, click the Add Monitor button to finalize your changes.
And there you have it!