- Stop the Urchin Services: Start->Programs->Urchin->Disable Urchin Services
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the etc folder of the Urchin distribution. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Urchin\etc
- Using a text editor, open the urchin.conf file
- Uncomment the following line by removing the leading ‘#’ character:
- #dataDirectory: ./data/
and substitute the drive letter and full pathname you want to use instead of the default folder, e.g.
- dataDirectory: E:\Urchin\data
- If necessary, create the new data folder. Important note: the permissions on this folder must allow read and write access to the Urchin service.
- Copy the contents of the data folder to the new folder.
- Rename the data folder to data.old. You can remove it completely if you wish, but you may want to ensure that everything is working properly before doing this.
- Restart the Urchin Services: Start->Programs->Urchin->Enable Urchin Services