In this guide we’ll be covering the process to install PIP on CentOS 7 using the command line. By following these 7 simple steps, you can install PIP quickly and easily.
What is PIP?
PIP is a package management system used to install and manage software packages written in Python. PIP can be installed either by using YUM or with Curl & Python.
Installing PIP on CentOS 7
To install PIP follow these steps:
- To begin, you first need to log in and connect to your server via SSH. See here for common SSH clients:
SSH client utilities (Free):
Bitvise SSH client:
MobaXterm (Free with available Paid Pro version):
Solar-PuTTY (Free with available paid versions):
There are many others available out there as well.
- Next, log in to your CentOS 7 server with root user using your favorite SSH client
- Once logged in, add/install the EPEL repository with the command:
rpm -iUvh https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/Packages/e/epel-release-7-12.noarch.rpm
The image below shows what the command and its results should look like. *Note: the image uses an older version number than the current version, so the url in the command is different.
- On the next step, update the packages to ensure all recently added repos software is pulled and installed, as well as updating any other out of date software. Use the command:
yum –y update
- The last step is to install python-PIP and any other required packages using the command:
yum -y install python-pip
- Now, verify the installation has been completed successfully with the command:
- If all went well and you are seeing the above output, then you should now be ready to use PIP.
And there you have it! Now that you’ve successfully installed PIP on CentOS you’re ready to start using python-based software.
- How to Troubleshoot Your CGI Scripts – Internal Server Error 500
- How to Install Zend Optimizer on Your Server
- PHP as an Apache Module
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Use the search bar at the top to search our entire Knowledge Base.
The Hivelocity Difference
With best-in-class customer service, affordable pricing, a wide-range of fully-customizable options, and a network like no other, Hivelocity is the hosting solution you’ve been waiting for.