Updated by: Phil Saltsman
PIP is a package management system used to install and manage software packages written in Python.
PIP can be installed either by using YUM or with Curl & Python.
1. To begin, you first need to login to connect to your server via SSH. See here for common SSH clients:
SSH client utilities (Free):
Bitvise SSH client:
MobaXterm (Free with available Paid Pro version):
Solar-PuTTY (Free with available paid versions):
There are many others available out there as well.
2. Login to your CentOS 7 server with root user with your favorite SSH client
3. Once logged in add/install the EPEL repository with the command
4. On the next step update the packages with the command
`yum –y update`
yum –y update
5. The last step would be to install python-PIP and any other required packages with the command
`yum -y install python-pip`
6. Verify the installation with the command
7. If all went well and you are seeing above output, you should be ready to use PIP at this time.
If you have any issues, questions or would like some assistance with related installation above or with anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here: email@example.com. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.