1. Login to cPanel and go to the Files section.
2. Click FTP Accounts.
3. To the right of “Login:” type the name of the FTP user. Please note: a full FTP user name will always be formatted as [email protected]. You cannot create an FTP account without your domain name in it, regardless of the publish destination.
4. To the right of “Password:” please provide a password which will be used to authenticate this FTP account.
5. To the right of “Quota”, please provide the maximum amount of bandwidth this FTP user may use. Please note, if you leave the quota at unlimited, then the FTP user will have the ability to use the total amount of bandwidth for the cPanel account.
6. To the right of “Directory: /”, cPanel will guess the directory you want; however, it is usually wrong. This is because cPanel will guess the directory name is exactly the same as the FTP username, but that normally is not the case. So, I recommend erasing everything after “public_html/”.
7. To the right of “Directory: /public_html/”, please provide a directory for which you would like the user to access.
8. Click Create