Softaculous enables users to take backups of their applications from within its web-based interface. In this guide we’ll cover the process for both creating and restoring Softaculous backups within your cPanel control panel.
Creating Softaculous Backups
To create a backup of one of your applications, just follow these 5 easy steps:
- First, log in to your cPanel control panel and locate and click on the Softaculous icon listed under Software/Services.
- Within Softaculous, click the button labelled All Installations at the top of the page.
- This will show you a list of all your installed applications. Locate and select the application you intend to backup.
- Hit the Backup button next to your selected application.
- Select your desired Backup Location from the dropdown menu, and when you’ve finished making your selection, click the blue Backup Installation button.
Restoring Softaculous Backups
To restore a backup of one of your applications, just follow these 4 easy steps.
- First, log in to your cPanel control panel and locate the Softaculous icon listed under Software/Services.
- Click the option labelled Backups and Restore.
- You’ll be presented with a list of available backups. Choose the specific application you intend to Restore.
- After making your selection, hit the Restore button to restore your backup.
And there you have it! You now know how to both create and restore application backups using Softaculous.