Softaculous enables users to take backups of their applications from within its web-based interface. In this guide we’ll cover the process for both creating and restoring Softaculous backups within your cPanel control panel.
Creating Softaculous Backups
To create a backup of one of your applications, just follow these 5 easy steps:
- First, log in to your cPanel control panel and locate and click on the Softaculous icon listed under Software/Services.
- Within Softaculous, click the button labelled All Installations at the top of the page.
- This will show you a list of all your installed applications. Locate and select the application you intend to backup.
- Hit the Backup button next to your selected application.
- Select your desired Backup Location from the dropdown menu, and when you’ve finished making your selection, click the blue Backup Installation button.
Restoring Softaculous Backups
To restore a backup of one of your applications, just follow these 4 easy steps.
- First, log in to your cPanel control panel and locate the Softaculous icon listed under Software/Services.
- Click the option labelled Backups and Restore.
- You’ll be presented with a list of available backups. Choose the specific application you intend to Restore.
- After making your selection, hit the Restore button to restore your backup.
And there you have it! You now know how to both create and restore application backups using Softaculous.
Need More Personalized Help?
If you have any further issues, questions, or would like some assistance checking on this or anything else, please reach out to us from your my.hivelocity.net account -> Support and provide your server credentials within the encrypted field for the best possible security and support.
If you are unable to reach your my.hivelocity.net account or if you are on the go, please reach out from your valid my.hivelocity.net account email to us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available to you through our phone and live chat system 24/7/365.