To access your Hivelocity server IPMI please complete the following steps:
1. Log into your account at https://my.hivelocity.net
2. Click on the Devices tab.
3. Click on the name of the server that you would like to connect to.
4. Click on the link that says "IPMI" below the submit ticket button.
5. Click on the link that says "IPMI Control Panel".
6. On the pop-up window it will state that "We require you to connect through a VPN to access IPMI." and you may click the link that says "How do I connect?" which will show the following instructions for connecting to your open vpn server:
- Navigate to your "open vpn server"
- Enter your myVelocity username (username) and password. If you need to reset your password, you can do so on the account page.
- Choose Login form the dropdown menu
- Click the "Go" button
- Download the openvpn connect client for your operating system
- Open this profile with the openvpn connect client and connect
- At this point, you can access your device's IPMI interface, using the login details below. These will be different from the VPN credentials used above
7. On the pop-up window you can click the link to "Show my IPMI Credentials". Please be sure to make note of these as you will use these credentials to access the IPMI interface.
8 Click the link that says "Connect to IPMI Control Panel" then login using your IPMI credentials.
Congratulations! you have successfully logged into your server's IPMI, you can now do things like reboot and console your server as if you were standing in front of it.
Note: Please make sure you have a current version of Java installed for your OS. Not having a current version may lead to issues using the KVM console within IPMI.